It’s my story of how I started to be a successful Digital marketing agency known as ‘Eventum Marketing Services‘ almost 2 years ago. I have a marketing background and an entrepreneur degree from a leading b-school . But starting on a new platform with elementary knowledge was a challenge. Sharing few tips on how I moved from scratch to where we are on the ladder today.
1. Start slow and read a lot: READ a lot about marketing, business and leadership – as well as any industry vertical you are working in, know your industry and product, the audience etc. The leadership and ability to learn and lead helped me lot.
2. Networking: It’s never easy getting your first client but so was Rome not built in a day. Be a part of forums /networking sessions and make sure you meet relevant people from the industry . Reference marketing helps a lot to get more business flowing in and talking about your work.
3. Surround yourself with people who are motivate you: Challenges are there in all industries and its very important and critical to be surrounded by fresh ideas and people who elude positivity in all aspects . Remember positivity brews motivation and the gusto to move ahead.
4. Don’t put all eggs in one basket : Keep growing and adding more portfolios to your company . If plan A is not performing well we need to move to plan B without waste of time . The idea and crux being to keep growing .
5. Market yourself well : Try to have all qualities of a good leader and a good presenter . Make sure communication skills are harnessed well and there is no scope for error while presenting . Its all about marketing yourself well to push your brand . Share really relevant and trending marketing stuff on twitter and linkedin, fact check it so you don’t share wrong information…this is your personal brand and should reflect the role you want and say you can fill! Know what’s going on as well – in your organization . I am social so they also introduce me to others and topics outside my scope of work.
“There is no such thing as a ‘self-made’ man. We are made up of thousands of others. Everyone who has ever done a kind deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has entered into the make-up of our character and of our thoughts, as well as our success.”